Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Review - How to Bake the Perfect Wedding Cake by Gina Henning

SUMMARYA three-tiered cake. A groom to take. Here comes the bride!

After an explosive 4th of July, Lauren Hauser is glad to finally be home with gorgeous fiancĂ© Jack by her side. With only three months to go till their wedding, Lauren needs to get planning. But she can’t even choose a wedding dress, let alone a maid of honour!

And with her job drastically taking a turn for the worse, the wedding quickly approaching and a blast from the past causing problems, Lauren feels like she’s losing the bridal battle.

At least baking their perfect wedding cake together is something she and Jack, as award-winning bakers, are excited about! But when a surprise wedding gift arrives earlier than expected, suddenly Lauren must take back control of her job, her life and her wedding – before she says ‘I do’!


MY REVIEW
I have been waiting in great anticipation for this last installment of this amazing series to be released!  Gina DID NOT disappoint me at all!

I have fallen in love with Lauren and Jack from the beginning in How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie, then through their budding romance in How to Bake the Perfect Christmas Cake and their engagement in How to Bake the Perfect Apple Pie!  And here we are today, How to Bake the Perfect Wedding Cake, and perfection it was!

In the short space of time these two love birds have been together, less than a year to be precise, they have had their fair share of ups and downs to get through and I think they have weathered the storm relatively well.

Wedding planning is in full swing and it really has Lauren's anxiety peaking like no tomorrow!  She can't seem to keep her nerves in check and even passed out for a few moments!  This girl is under more stress then I have seen in a year and I have 3 kids!  Yikes!

And to add to the craziness, her job which sends her stress levels through the roof!  If I had to work with Trent on a daily basis, with his backhanded ways of getting to the top, I would quit and not look back!  Good for her being able to stick through it and do it as gracefully as possible.  

From her mother wanted to give her the perfect theme wedding to her grandmother possibly not being able to attend, the list of trials keeps getting longer and longer for poor Lauren - will she ever make it to the alter?

There are many great surprises in this story - that I will not reveal - my lips are sealed and you will have to read it to find out!  Pull up a comfy chair, a bottle of your favorite wine and relax and enjoy this amazing story!  

WINE SELECTION 
I am going to go with Santo Stefano Moscato - one of my favorite wine choices!  Yum!  It goes great with wedding cake! (I love the bottle - so chic for a wedding!)

MY RATING 
Hands down I rate this amazing fall read 5 wine glasses!  I couldn't stop reading this book and the end truly made me happy but sad at the same time!  I want more of Lauren and Jack!  (Crossing my finger Miss Gina!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment