Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review: The Shack by Wm. Paul Young

Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. 

My Thoughts 
Such an enlightening story.  I'm still not sure what to think and am trying to process this story and all aspects that it threw at me.  From an amazing family unit that laughed together, live life to the fullest and enjoy each others time to the worst fears come to life.

A nightmare takes over their lives and will they overcome it?  Will they survive or will they parish as well from the depression and horror of death.

There are so many questions that need to be answered - can one move on after tragedy?  Is forgiveness an option?  Can you learn to love again?  Is god really there to protect and stop evil from happening? 

This story has so many twists and turns and will really have you thinking about everything from your belief in a higher being to learning to forgive. 

Drink Selection
I would recommend a delicious glass (or two) of Three Brothers Winery 2015 Second Degree of Riesling.  You will fall in love!

Rating
This book had me thinking from beginning to end.  I will admit that there were a few parts that had me slightly lost and confused instead of thinking deeply.  I would recommend this book to everyone, you will fall in LOVE with the cast!  The Shack would rate 4 wine glasses in my eyes. (I can't wait to see the movie!)


No comments:

Post a Comment