The Magnolia Story is the first book from Chip and Joanna, offering their fans a detailed look at their life together. From the very first renovation project they ever tackled together, to the project that nearly cost them everything; from the childhood memories that shaped them, to the twists and turns that led them to the life they share on the farm today.
They both attended Baylor University in Waco. However, their paths did not cross until Chip checked his car into the local Firestone tire shop where Joanna worked behind the counter. Even back then Chip was a serial entrepreneur who, among other things, ran a lawn care company, sold fireworks, and flipped houses. Soon they were married and living in their first fixer upper. Four children and countless renovations later, Joanna garners the attention of a television producer who notices her work on a blog one day.
In The Magnolia Story fans will finally get to join the Gaines behind the scenes and discover:
- The time Chip ran to the grocery store and forgot to take their new, sleeping baby
- Joanna’s agonizing decision to close her dream business to focus on raising their children
- When Chip buys a houseboat, sight-unseen, and it turns out to be a leaky wreck
- Joanna’s breakthrough moment of discovering the secret to creating a beautiful home
- Harrowing stories of the financial ups and downs as an entrepreneurial couple
- Memories and photos from Chip and Jo’s wedding
- The significance of the word magnolia and why it permeates everything they do
- The way the couple pays the popularity of Fixer Upper forward, sharing the success with others, and bolstering the city of Waco along the way
I can't say enough about this couple. I've loved their show Fixer Upper from the beginning. They are real, funny, memorable, and truly kind and genuine people that I could be friends with!
Listening to them write about how amazing they were doing and then describe the crippling effects of a business economy that wasn't on their side is truly inspirational. They didn't try to hide that downfall just to keep up a persona for their fans and friends and families. They truly tell it like it is and then they show us how they can rise above a situation and move on. I love how they said in our society today some couples would turn on each other but in these times of crisis they relied on each other even more.
The fact that Joanna was never a trained designer of any sort and just fell into her profession really speaks volumes. She truly has a gift, a calling so to speak, and I love watching her create each and every room. Truly inspiring.
They really are living the American Dream in all senses and it makes me want to model the relationship that they have and aspire to be like them in my own life.
You will love learning about Chip and his quirky ways and you will love even more the kind of parents they are and their kids and family comes first.
On a cold weekend day in March, get your copy of The Magnolia Story and enjoy!
A yummy pink magnolia cocktail goes along with this book perfectly! Not only does in sound delish but it is gorgeous too!
I can't say enough great things about this book! 5 wine glasses all the way!