Thursday, March 3, 2016

Review - Lies and Other Acts of Love by Kristy Woodson Harvey


SUMMARY
Dear Carolina was praised as “Southern fiction at its best.”* Now author Kristy Woodson Harvey presents a new novel about what it really means to tell the truth . . .

After sixty years of marriage and five daughters, Lynn “Lovey” White knows that all of us, from time to time, need to use our little white lies.

Her granddaughter, Annabelle, on the other hand, is as truthful as they come. She always does the right thing—that is, until she dumps her hedge fund manager fiancé and marries a musician she has known for three days. After all, her grandparents, who fell in love at first sight, have shared a lifetime of happiness, even through her grandfather’s declining health.

But when Annabelle’s world starts to collapse around her, she discovers that nothing about her picture-perfect family is as it seems. And Lovey has to decide whether one more lie will make or break the ones she loves . . .


MY REVIEW 
Hands down, this is an amazing piece of storytelling from beginning to end.  I have LOVED this book from the moment I cracked open my copy.

After reading Dear Carolina and falling in love with that storytelling masterpiece, I didn't think it was possible for Kristy to go above my expectations and write what is now one of my favorite books in 2016.  I couldn't recommend this book more, even if I tried and I will!
 
The intricate web of characters Kristy introduces you to one by one, will give you a look into the south and how families truly are - all through the eyes of Annabelle  and Lovey.
You will embrace Annabelle for her whimsical love for life, her passion, and for truly living her life the way she feels will make her whole and not just what's expected of her.
Lovey is truly an amazing woman who will do anything for the family and friends that she loves.  

Little white lies are woven through out the fabric that binds the pages of this families story together.  You will see that no matter what may have happened in the past, what may be happening in the present and what the future looks to hold, you can weather any storm and still love one another just the same as you did before you found out that little secret.

Annabelle thought that Lovey was perfect, the pillar that she looked up to until one day she learns something (at least she thinks she knows) about Lovey that makes her more human, someone that isn't perfect and makes her own share of mistakes.

Then Annabelle has to face one act of turmoil after another, until she is on the verge of breaking.  How will she survive all that is being thrown at her?  Will she crumble?  

I will not give away the amazing webs that are woven throughout, you will need to experience this breathtaking story telling for yourself.

DRINK SELECTION
I will be stepping aside from my wine selection for this book and I will be recommending the best drink of the south - simple and sugary, Sweet Tea!


MY RATING
I have said it once and I will say it again I believe Lies and Other Acts of Love to be one of the best books of 2016 and I am happy to honor it with 5 wine glasses or in this case, 5 glasses of sweet tea! (Don't let the one glass picture confuse ya, I love the colors and how it presents the sweet tea!).











 

No comments:

Post a Comment