Friday, May 27, 2016

Review: The Balance Project by Susie Orman Schnall

BLURB
Katherine Whitney has it all. She’s married, has two daughters, is the COO of Green Goddess & Co., a multi-billion dollar health and wellness lifestyle company, and with the release of her book on work-life balance, she is not only a media darling but she is a hero to working moms everywhere. In reality, though, Katherine’s life is starting to fall apart, and her loyal assistant Lucy Cooper is the one holding most things together. But when Katherine does something unthinkable to Lucy, Lucy is faced with a difficult decision. Will she choose to change Katherine’s life forever or continue being her main champion. Her decision could change the trajectory of both of their lives. The Balance Project is a story of loyalty, choices, and most of all balance as it explores the hot-button issue that all women struggle with.

MY REVIEW
I don't think I could love this book anymore if I tried!  My 14 year old daughter even made a comment to me this weekend about the fact that I read it so quickly!  Oops?  LOL
I have always found this topic of work-life balance so important, not only for women in general but personally for myself.  I am a single mom with three children ages from 6-14 and I work full-time as a paralegal and I go to school part-time at night for my Masters in Human Resource Management.  I know personally if I don't me time in there somewhere, I would explode or have a nervous breakdown!  You can't juggle everything like Super Woman and think that pace will last forever.  It won't, trust me, been there.
I will say Katherine Whitney puts up a pretty good front of being the woman that can do it all!  She has two children, a great husband, is COO of a company, participates in school activities/boards, wrote a book and seems to be a hero!  
But think about it, do you really think she's doing it all herself?  Of course not, she has nannies (2) and assistants and so many other people assisting her - if she had to do it alone it would be over!
Lucy Cooper when to college for digital media, but the only position she could find at the time was being a personal assistant so here she is, she's Katherine's go to for just about EVERYTHING! 
But then everything starts to get out of control!  Katherine's marriage is in shambles, her kids barely know her, and her presence to the outside world is falling apart piece by piece.  
And what about Lucy's world?  Her boyfriend Nick is ready to leave her, she never sees her friends and she can't even remember the last time she worked out!
What happens next is for you to find out, and I suggest you pick up a copy today!  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

WINE SELECTION 
I need to lightened up this craziness and have a glass (or 2) of my favorite Red Cat Riesling!  Delicious!  

RATING 
Hands down I rate The Balance Project 5 wine glasses!  I loved it from beginning to end!



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment