Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Review - Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica

Clara Solberg's world shatters when her husband and their four-year-old daughter are in a car crash, killing Nick while Maisie is remarkably unharmed. The crash is ruled an accident…until the coming days, when Maisie starts having night terrors that make Clara question what really happened on that fateful afternoon. 
Tormented by grief and her obsession that Nick's death was far more than just an accident, Clara is plunged into a desperate hunt for the truth. Who would have wanted Nick dead? And, more important, why? Clara will stop at nothing to find out—and the truth is only the beginning of this twisted tale of secrets and deceit. 
Told in the alternating perspectives of Clara's investigation and Nick's last months leading up to the crash, master of suspense Mary Kubica weaves her most chilling thriller to date—one that explores the dark recesses of a mind plagued by grief and shows that some secrets might be better left buried.

My Thoughts 
This book had my mind pulled in 6 different directions OR MORE!  One minute I seriously thought I had it all figured out and then BAM Mary took the book back in another direction.
Character wise they have amazing depth.  I will say that throughout the book I was not a fan of Nick. For as much as he said that he loved Clara, I wanted to smack some sense into him.  The lies and the back handed acts that he got himself into were mind blowing.  And the fact that he hid every detail from his wife blew me away.  You have a wife and a daughter and baby on the way, get it together!
There are so many different story lines going on here from the tragic accident to theft and a blast from the past with a little medical malpractice thrown in to bring it all together.
I really couldn't wait to see what would happen next and I was sad when it came to an end.   

Drink Selection
We are going to pair this nail biter with a Limoncello Mojito!  The perfect drink to pair with this top beach read of 2017.
Rating 
5 wine glasses all the way! LOVED it!  I can't say enough amazing things!



No comments:

Post a Comment